Your building’s roof does several important jobs. It’s finishes the building, protects your staff, customers, inventory and equipment. If your roof fails, either in a storm or because you’ve been neglecting it, you may be sorry. We recommend that you plan ahead for your commercial roof replacement by working with your commercial roofing company on regular maintenance.
A New Roof Requires Research
Depending on the age of your building and the type of roof on it currently, you may want to do research to find the right roofing material. Although you may ultimately end up with the same type of roof, you should look into the options available and compare several things including:
- Longevity – different materials have different life expectancies.
- Cost – material and installation costs vary between types of roofing and brands.
- Potential energy savings – a white roof will reflect more of the sun’s rays than a black one and may reduce your energy usage.
- Maintenance requirements – some roofing materials take less maintenance than others, all should be regularly maintained to maximize their life.
- Ability to stand up to a storm – you want a roof that will last in a hail and wind storm and be able to shed water quickly during a hurricane or downpour.
- Brand and warranties – most brands offer a warranty on their products but if you have a brand preference, you’ll want a trained installer to ensure you receive their warranty.
You Want the Right Commercial Roofing Company to Install It
There are many businesses who call themselves a commercial roofing company but you should research your options before signing a contract. Because there are so many types of roofing materials, you want a commercial roofer experienced in installing the type of roof you want.
Any good commercial roofing company will offer an annual maintenance plan with their installation. According to Buildings.com, your proactively maintained roof can last as much as eight years longer than one that’s just reactively repaired. Ask the roofing contractor you’re considering about their roof life cycle cost.
Suncoast Roofing Solutions is a local commercial roofing company. We offer many types of commercial roofing and do offer maintenance for all of them. Whether you have a steep slope or flat roof building, we can help with all your commercial roofing needs. Call us today at (813) 283-2544.